Property AND Conveyancing
If you are buying or selling your home, an investment property or a commercial property, the process can be complex and often stressful. There are contracts to be signed, money and titles to be transferred, and many traps for those new to the process.
We can help with all stages of property transactions including:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Auction contracts and purchases off-the-plan
- Cost appraisal including stamp duty and search and registration fees
- Tax considerations and asset protection
- Property title including Torrens, old system, qualified, strata or Crown
- Property tenancy including joint tenants and tenants in common
- Vendor’s Statement, general conditions and special conditions
- The cooling off period and deposit
- Retirement village purchases, leases and service contracts
- Building contracts, owner builder issues and the Building Act 1995
- Liaison with financial institutions in regard to deposit bonds, loans, mortgages and discharges of mortgages
- Execution of contracts and settlement
- Adjustments to the purchase price in regard to rates and allowances
- First home owners entitlements
- Caveats and Mortgages
If you are building, rather than buying, our team of property lawyers and conveyancers can help navigate current building and construction laws to avoid pitfalls that can lead to costly disputes in the future.
We also have experience in all aspects of leasing from simple residential tenancies to complex retail and commercial leases.